At Act Second, we are strategists, creators, and ambassadors, passionate about brands that make people’s lives beautiful and frictionless. For us, there is a harmonious balance between sound strategy and thoughtful creative. We are driven by the desire to connect our brand partners with their consumers through authentic storytelling – whether they're in fashion, food and beverage, beauty or just about any lifestyle category. It's about creating strategies, refining visuals, establishing meaning, and then executing with a thoughtful, ROI driven approach. Strategy First. Act Second.
We’re looking for a driven Project Manager to manage projects from conception to release; working alongside our design, strategy and operations teams to ensure that all projects are successful and of the highest quality.
Our team is a group of people who are:
- Passionate and curious
- Low-ego collaborative
- Empathetically candid
- Problem solvers
- Active listeners
- Future-oriented optimists
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Able to work with a wide range of personalities
- Able to motivate those around them
If this sounds like a group of people you can identify with, keep reading and let’s talk.
What you'll do:
Partnering closely with creative and our strategists, this role is responsible for ensuring the team operates like a well oiled machine: assessing and heading-off red flags, and setting best practices for projects across the agency.
The ideal candidate should have deep experience managing digital projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation.
You will be responsible for on-time, on-budget completion of deliverables. Staffing and allocations, client satisfaction, prioritization of all deliverables, and ensuring quality of work is led by you.
Within this role, you'll be expected to:
- Work across a few mid-size projects projects or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the project’s team and ensure work is progressing as planned. Work with project team and actively be involved in the work
- Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
- Work with teams to facilitate Brainstorms, Stand Ups and Planning sessions
- QA all work to manage quality processes
- Monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, solicit and act on client feedback
- Document and communicate project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior Act Second management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Document thorough notes during every meeting, or status call and deliver reports afterwards in a timely manner
- Lead the training/mentoring of team members on Act Second project management methodologies and best practices as required
- Proactively identify opportunities and deliver improvements
- Participate in new business proposal and scoping processes when asked
What we look for:
- 3+ years of digital project management experience, managing branding and / or large scale websites and applications.
- Deep understanding of project management, client management, workflow and infrastructure
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, including verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Extreme attention to detail, thoroughness, leaving little room for error when presenting work
- Experience managing website developers, designers and other creative roles
- A positive, collaborative and flexible attitude